Tuesday 20 March 2012

Workshops.


To coincide with Women's History Month, I've been running a series of print workshops at The October Gallery for primary school children. It was my first experience of doing anything like this and although I found it daunting I really enjoyed doing it and learnt a lot in the process. I devised a two hour workshop that involved the children exploring the current exhibition by Laila Shawa and then creating their own visual response to the show's themes and ideas, using collage and simple screen printing methods. They made some really beautiful work!

As a close to the month, the gallery will be holding a symposium this weekend with guest speakers including Zawe Ashton, Benjamin Zephaniah and Darter Collective. More information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment